Do You Need a New Water Heater?
Hybrid and Tankless Water Heaters represent a significant technological advancement. Unlike Traditional Water Heaters, they heat water when you need it. So, they do not waste energy around the clock keeping 50 to 100 gallons of water hot. They are also much smaller and less prone to overheating and needing repair. Installing one can add up to significant energy and water savings in the long run. Despite that, we still offer Conventional Tank-Style Water Heaters. They have lower upfront costs and can still meet many homeowner’s water heating needs. Plus newer models are way more efficient than that old, rusty one you might have. That includes some super high tech models. AHE has experience installing all types of Energy-Efficient Water Heaters in Bay Area homes. We can help you decide the best type for your situation.
Tankless water heaters can run on electricity or gas. Gas fired tankless water heaters provide a higher flow rate than electric ones. However, sometimes even the best gas-fired tankless water heater cannot keep up with simultaneous multiple uses such as taking a shower, running a dishwasher and doing laundry all at the same time. To compensate for high water use situations like that, separate tankless water heaters can be installed.
For multi-unit dwellings where one appliance is used frequently throughout the day a tankless water heater can be installed attached to that appliance only which will ensure warm and cozy showers even if the laundry machine is running throughout the day.
Hybrid water heaters combine the advanced technology of tankless water heaters with a small water tank reserve. While traditional storage water heaters maintain 50 to 100 gallons of water, a hybrid water heater only needs a storage tank of two to 20 gallons. By keeping a small reserve of heated water, a hybrid water heater can provide hot water efficiently for homes that frequently use multiple water applications at the same time. Hybrids can be the best solution for homes that will simultaneously ran multiple water appliances at certain times throughout the day.
Benefits of Hybrid and Tankless Water Heaters
- Steady Supply– Hybrids/tankless water heaters never run out of hot water.
- Reduce Water Bills– Tankless and hybrid water heaters reduce water costs up to 50%.
- Go Green– Does not waste water.
- Long Life Span– Hybrid and tankless water heaters typically last 20 years or more.
- Saves Space– Tankless and hybrid water heaters save valuable floor space since they are smaller units.
- More Durable– Tankless/hybrids process hard minerals better making them less likely to rupture or leak.
- Qualifies for Rebates– Read more about available rebates.